Friday, November 10, 2006

Day Ninety - Just Do The Miles

Not much to report today. We had an unseasonably warm day yesterday in NYC (today is supposed to be warm too, but I have been chilly every time I've gone outside, although that may have something to do with the overall shitty mood that I can't seem to shake). I got home from work around 6:15 and headed out for a loop in the park. My legs were really feeling it from the night before so I kept things slow. Very...very...slow. EVERYONE was passing me. I picked up the pace a bit on the second half of the loop, but it was more of an easy run done simply to get some miles run. They say as long as you run the miles you're doing OK. Worry about time and things like that later. At least I think they say that. Maybe I made that up to make me feel better about myself. Regardless, I'm still kind of proud that I can go out and do a low energy six miles after a tough week of practice when 2 months ago six miles at ANY pace would have been laughable.

If all goes according to plan I'll kick out my 200th mile tomorrow during our long run. Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend. I'm off to dinner with my friend Robyn and then to see another friend at The Living Room. You should come along. It'll be fun.

Take care.

DAY 90
TODAY'S MILEAGE - 6
TOTAL MILEAGE - 191.93

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home