Monday, November 27, 2006

Day One Hundred Six - Punching The Clock

Headed out for a run on Saturday morning and it never felt more like work. Seriously, I just couldn't get motivated. I was feeling pretty good after my Thanksgiving run at the Manchester Road Race but my calves and ankle tightened up on me late in the day on Friday and I was feeling no relief on Saturday when I woke up. Weird. I felt like I took the downhill too fast and did some damage to myself during the road race, but honestly, I haven't really felt 100% since the 18.2 we did on the trails last week.

Regardless, I got my shit together and headed out to do what I thought would be a 5 or 6 mile run in my mom's neighborhood. It was a little colder than I had expected and I had a difficult time warming up. My legs weren't feeling great and I couldn't find my rhythm to save my life. Common problem I'm told. Anyway, I just wasn't running well to say the least and was having some major difficulty breaking into the zone. It was work every step of the way, which can make a mile seem like 10 miles sometimes. The course started out as an out and back and then I added a loop to the end. I knew as I was heading back in that it was much shorter than I had anticipated. By the time I got back to her place my mother was surprised to see me as I told her I would be gone for an hour or so and got back in about 45 minutes.

Not a great run by any stretch. I went to mapmyrun.com today and got the mileage, which was OK for an off day, but those seem to be piling up lately and with race day fast approaching it's making me a little bit nervous.

DAY 106
TODAY'S MILEAGE: 4.83
TOTAL MILEAGE: 245.8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home