Thursday, August 24, 2006

Day Twelve - A Piece of Pie

Pie as in 3.14. As in I ran 3.14 miles yesterday. Get it? A piece of PIE? Instead of cake? GET IT?

Yeah, I've got a headcold and it's having an effect...obviously. In fact, I was debating attending last night's training session because I figured maybe my body was in need of some rest. But then I found some motivation in the whole cause that Team in Training supports and decided I would go and do what I could. I decided to do the "Beginner" training instead of the "Intermediate/Advanced" which turned out to be two times around The Resevoir. Towards the end of the second lap I was feeling like I should push it and go once more around, but that faded quickly and I think it was for the best that I took it relatively easy. Despite my clogged up nose I felt quite good after the run and was glad that I went. Today, however, I'm pretty run down and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do the 3 - 4 miles that I'm scheduled to run. This week is feeling like a bit of a wash as I missed Sunday and Tuesday already and while part of me feels guilty about that, the other part understands that with my work schedule, a wedding and 2 funerals in a 7 day span and now this cold - well, something had to give.

Some good news - I finished the first draft of my fundraising letter and set up my fundraising website, so I'm feeling good about that. As far as personal good news - my cousin Luke and his wife Karin gave birth to their 4th son yesterday (although I'm told Karin did most of the heavy lifting there). Matthew was born happy and healthy and that's about the best news I've had in a couple of weeks. One more and they've got a basketball team. Congrats to them and I can't wait to see the newest edition to the family.

I think that's about it for today.

Oh wait - one last thing - Jen confirmed that my run on Sunday was indeed 6 miles, so the asterisk is gone. Thanks Jen.

Now that really is it.

Thanks for reading. More later...

DAY 12
TODAY's MILEAGE: 3.14
TOTAL MILEAGE: 25.64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home