Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day Thirty Nine - A New Accessory

Not much to report today. Did my normal cross training day routine at the HBO gym - 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. Felt good, especially after being able to take off Monday as scheduled. I feel like I've been making up miles on my off days (which is a no no), so it's nice to be back on the real schedule. The only real news to report is that I may have found a solution to a problem I have been having with my headphones. And if you head over to http://girlyoubetterrun.blogspot.com you'll find out that G-Rocks has been dealing with a similar issue. Granted, Jen's issue is that her ears are too small while mine are too big, but that's beside the point. It seems that when we sweat the earbuds that our iPod's (Dell Jukebox for me because I'm all alternative and shit...and Dell gave me a line of credit so I can buy things like computers and MP3 players with fake money that I don't have) tend to slip or pop out of our ears. It gets really annoying stuffing them back in over and over again and it's usually more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to try and listen to music while excercising. Well, seeing as I have absolutely no pride and long ago dismissed any thought of actually looking cool while running, I made a decision today. I went down to the running store on the block where I work and bought a headband. A blue one. Two actually. And then I went to the gym and then I put my headphones in and then I put a blue headband on in such a way that it would hold the headphones in place. Like, over my ears.

Yes, over my ears.

I look like a lunatic. A complete psycho. But you know what? Those bastards stayed in the whole time.

Congrats to Jen for luring another unsuspecting victim into her web and welcome to the team Drew. Also congrats to Jen for working her way through her issues with her IT band and for being a fundraising dynamo - she topped $5000.00 this week. Speaking of fundraising - my newest round of thanks goes out to Alicia. It's pretty crazy - Alicia and I have never even met face to face - we have a working relationship that takes place over the phone between New York and LA and she is helping me meet my goal. Amazing. Thank you Alicia and everyone else who has been so generous.

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home