Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day Thirty Two - Running Out of Punk Cards

Not much of an update today. Was supposed to run on Sunday but punked out. Almost made it up on Monday, but that is supposed to be a rest day and the last time I messed around with the schedule like that I almost ended up dead on the side of the road in West Hartford. So I had a nice long time to recover before yesterday's Cross Training session. 45 minutes on the elliptical (man, my first pass on spelling that word wasn't even CLOSE) with a 5 minute cool down. Tried to keep things in the "Weight Loss" zone again this week because that's where they should be, so says my gut. Felt good.

Tonight's group run is going to be a bear. Remember effort levels and how we worked with E2 and E3 last week? Well this week it's shifting from E4 to E1...until they tell us to stop. We'll be up on the 102nd Street Transverse if you want some cheap entertainment for the night. I'll post all about it tomorrow if I live.

Other things going on: Jen has doubled her personal fundraising goal from $5,000.00 to $10,000.00. Unreal. She'll probably hit it too. Good for you, Jen.

Personally, I put out the second email in my multi-tiered fundraising campaign. This time it went to friends and acquaintences from work. I already heard the email referred to as "demanding." The guy was joking but I feel kind of like a dick now, which is, I guess one of the reasons that I am not so great at fundraising. I just keep reminding myself that the next time someone is looking for some support I gotta jump in feet first, because honestly it's not that much to ask. My rule with sending out the email was to send it to folks that I thought I would donate to without question of they asked, so if you're reading this and you thought my email was pushy, just know I sent it to you out of love. All you gotta do is ask and I'll be there.

Huge thanks those who have made a donation: Nancy, Brenda, Sean and Susan - you guys rock and I'm very appreciative of your support.

I guess that's all I've really got for now. As always, more later...

2 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:44 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

okay so the last comment i accidentally posted before it was done, so i deleted it and started over.

it went something like...pushy smooshy. this is something i tell myself too: you're running a MARATHON. that would be 26.2 miles. that is a LOT of miles. and steps. and breaths. and not only that but you're doin' in for charity...so i read your letter, and, like i said. pushy smooshy.

you done good.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home