Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day Twenty Five: A Day Without Subtitles

Not even a month in and I can't think of something clever to title this post. I can't even think of something lame like I usually do. So we'll all make do without. Fortunately for everyone, I don't really have much to say tonight, so hopefully soon enough we can all forget about this ugly incident.

Cross training today - only my second cross training session since this whole thing began although I think it was supposed to be my fourth. Guess Tuesday has proven to be a bad day thus far. Anyway, headed down to the gym where I work around 5:00. I knew it wasn't going to be a very heavy day as I had to be back in my office no later than 6:30 as I had to get ready for a meeting at 7. I debated using the bike to work out but decided to go with what I knew and stick to the cross trainer. I decided to take it slow with a 30 minute workout and a 5 minute cool down. I know I should be doing more at this point, but again, I didn't really have a ton of time.

I also tried something new with the workout today. Usually on the cross trainer I set the resistance to 10 or so (it goes to 20) and go like hell on a hilly course for as long as I am on the machine (usually 45 minutes or so). Today I set the resistance at 8 and kept things a little less intense. I kept my heartrate lower and stayed under the "weight loss" umbrella rather than moving into "cardio training" territory. The good thing was that I felt like I could have gone on forever at that pace (it's really amazing how quickly your body builds up stamina when you push yourself) and I broke a good sweat at the 10 minute mark, which is par for the course on the machine. The bad thing was that I didn't really feel as though I was pushing myself the way I probably should be. Course, the cross training days are supposed to be days where our bodies heal themselves from all the running, so maybe that's not such a bad thing after all. And I gotta say that using different muscles was a HUGE relief as my legs felt great the whole time.

Well, I guess I ended up saying a little more than I originally planned. I've got about 90% of my email addresses together and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the fundraising letter goes out tomorrow. Hope you're all doing well.

Thanks for reading. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home