Thursday, October 05, 2006

Feeling Minnesota

OK...I know. I'm an unattentive bastard. I really have no excuse other than things being incredibly busy. Well, first of all let's take care of business:

DAY 44
TODAY'S MILEAGE: 5.25
This was a Sunday on a treadmill in a hotel in Tarrytown. This was the day after I missed my first Saturday run, which I hated to do, especially after such a great long run the week before.

DAY 47
TODAY'S MILEAGE: 5.5
This was a Team in Training Wednesday run. We did hills for the first time and I was very happy with the run. Felt great.

DAY 50
TODAY'S MILEAGE: 9.5
This was last Saturday's Team run. Down the West Side of Manhattan from Riverside Park to just north of Ground Zero and back. Great run and a new personal best distance wise.

TOTAL MILEAGE: 111.45

I had wanted to do a big "Century Mark" entry when I hit 100 miles, but I guess it wasn't in the cards as I just haven't had the time to keep up with the entries lately. A lot of what is keeping me busy is work, but there have been several things going on in my personal life too which have made it tough to even get two days of training in a week for the past few weeks much less keep you guys updated on my lack of training. G-Rocks also went to Amsterdam for a few days in the middle of all of this and I think her absense made it a little harder to stay focused. Still, I'm proud that I've been able to crack the 100 mile mark, even if I got an email from Dragan yesterday letting all of us know that if we had been true to the training schedule we'd be at 150 miles by now.

This weekend I'm out of town yet again. Another wedding - the third since mid August with two more on the horizon. It's also my best friend's 30th birthday, so while it's a bit of a drag to be heading out of the city for the 7th time in the last 8 weekends (last weekend we stayed in town so we could prepare for my girlfriend's move downtown on Monday - 4 flights up with all of her possessions on Monday - I counted that as my cross training for the week), I'm excited to have two graet reasons to be with a lot of old friends on Saturday and Sunday. In the meantime, I'm doing what I can to keep on schedule, but I gotta admit - the way work has been going I've reached a point where I am feeling a bit frayed at the edges and while I don't feel great about it, scaling back in the mileage per week has been a necessity. I've got two pretty big shoots to get through before the 12th and then I'm hoping I can get back on track. With the clock ticking down on time remaining before the race, I won't really have much of a choice. Here's hoping things actually calm down at work.

On the fundraising front, I hit $2200.00 today - that's 58% of my goal to you and me. Feeling really good about that. Things naturally drop off in the weeks following the initial push, but I've maintained a steady stream of donations on a weekly basis and I'm gearing up for Round 2 of my insessant email barrage, so get ready slackers. It makes me smile to have so many people to thank. Dan Wynne, Skyler, my sister SB and her husband Bob, Mr. and Mrs. Balsley, Katrina, Erin, and Robbie (a friend of Becky's who I have never even met - how amazing is that?). I know I owe you all thank you notes and I promise you'll get them as soon as I have a second. I hope you know how much I appreciate you guys and your support.

More later...I promise...

1 Comments:

Blogger Nyree said...

Umm...do you even run anymore? I want my money back.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home