Friday, December 15, 2006

Day One Hundred Twenty Six - Good News and Bad News

It's been a while since I updated. Call it a mixture of things with the holiday season and work and all that crap. But honestly, the real reason is that my leg is still a mess and I've been pretty depressed about that for the past couple of weeks. I've done some cross training which seems fine, but as soon as I try to run it starts to get really painful. The last time I tried was this past Monday and I couldn't even make it two miles. Sucks. Ass. I've been told to try an acupuncturist, so I'm making that appointment today, as even with lots of rest I can still feel some pain just simmering beneath the surface waiting for me to try and run. Back out tomorrow morning to see what I can do, but I'm honestly not very confident. Officially less than a month to go at this point and I'm not thrilled with the prospect of running this thing with an IT problem. However, if I have to crawl through Phoenix with a bloody stump I WILL finish this run.

So that is the glass half empty portion of this update.

And now for the glass half full part:

Today I reached TNT's fundraising goal of $3800.00! I sent out my final letter yesterday to friends and family and recieved several donations overnight. Then today I sent the letter out to my co-workers and one of them came through with the final $100.00 donation to send me over the edge. Unbelievable, right? You'd think I'd just be floating on air all day right? It's a pretty big accomplishment.

Yeah, you'd think so. But of course, in typical Bill fashion I fouled the whole thing up with a crucial typo in the letter I sent out to my co-workers. I added a zero to my fundraising total which made me look FAR more industrious than I actually am. I quickly sent out a correction email, but I still look like the clown that doesn't proof read which would seem much less important if my job weren't so detail oriented.

Well, it'll keep me humble at any rate. Which is good, because while I have received the necessary amount to fulfill my fundraising requirements I still have a ways to go to reach my personal goal of $4500.00, so I'll just keep on trucking.

Thanks so much to all those who have donated. I'm amazed at your collective generosity.

Now let's just hope my leg doesn't fall off in trying to come through on my part of the deal.

Thanks guys.

BD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home