Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day One Hundred Fifty-Three: It Is What It Is

I hate to do it like this, but I honestly don't have a ton of time tonight. Sadly this will be my last post before Sunday and Sunday is the marathon.

I'm not really at a point right now where I can sum any of this up properly, so I'll save that until after I run. Overall this has been an amazing experience and the only regret I have is the time and training I missed due to injury. I'm nervous and tentative heading into the weekend knowing that I've fallen off the training pace, but thanks to the accupuncture and the advice of my coaches my knee is feeling much better. Everyone keeps asking me how it is and all I can say is that it's as good as it's going to get.

I'm close to $5000.00 in fundraising, which is unreal. I don't even really know how to react to that except to say Thank You.

So now I'm all packed and more or less ready to go. The plane takes off tomorrow morning at 6:55 and the race starts on Sunday at 7:40AM, Phoenix time. If you get a chance to think of me and send me some good vibes that would be great.

I wish I had been able to keep up with this blog the way that I wanted to and I wish I wasn't so behind with entries so that I could give the proper type of send off today before the big run. Unfortunately my mind is spinning at a thousand miles per second and I'm trying to get out of my office so I can get some rest and get out to Phoenix in the right frame of mind.

Thank you to everyone who has read these entries and supported me for the past 5 months. Thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause. Thanks to our coaches and to my mentor Dragan, who have helped get me where I never thought I would be. Thanks especially to Jen, who got me involved to begin with and has made this such a fun and rewarding experience.

Next time you guys hear from me, I'll have run a marathon.

Wish me luck.

BD

DAY 148
TODAY'S MILEAGE: 6
TOTAL MILEAGE: 305.37

DAY 152
TODAY'S MILEAGE: 3
TOTAL MILEAGE: 308.37

1 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

thank you for actually being crazy enough to come with me on this adventure!

~tear~

god. i have turned into such a cheeseball.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home